Kyle looked panicked, trying to remember the words that would make me act like a girl again. I felt hot, oily tears squeezing out of the red corners of my eyes.
Shoesonfeet! I barked at myself. I tried again.
“My! What lovely weather—”
- Karen Russell from “St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves”
Why Hello There!
You may have taken a wrong turn and accidentally stumbled in here on your way to Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, or some other popular site, and are now frantically looking around for an exit. What you need to do is go back about a block or so and make a left onto the main road.
If, however, you ended up here on purpose, then make yourself at home! Take off your shoes, find a comfortable seat, and scrounge around the place for something to read.
The cats are friendly and the tea is plentiful.
Country by Chavisa Woods
- Altmann's Tongue by Brian Evenson
- Wounds by Nathan Ballingrud
- Painted Monsters by Orrin Grey
- In the Dream House by Carmen Maria
- Black Light by Kimberly King Parsons
- Alectryomancer by Christopher
- She Said Destroy by Nadia Bulkin